How to Prepare For SSC CGL 2017? Tips for CGL Tier 1 Exam in 3 Months
How to Prepare For SSC CGL 2017
Are you finding any difficulty in preparing for the SSC CGL exam 2017? If yes, then here are some valuable facts and figures for you. As we all know that SSC CGL notification 2017 is released by the official commission. So, it a good time to give enough time for your studies. If you are studying at your best and still facing trouble in any of the topics. Then don’t worry, we are here to guide you about the CGL Tier 1 exam 2017. We have provided you best time management tips and the scoring topics that will surely help in cracking your exam. Check tips How to Prepare For SSC CGL 2017.
SSC (Staff Selection Commission) published a notification for the CGL (Combined Graduation Level) exam for various posts. CGL exam level is pretty tough as compared to banking. In the present scenario, most of the candidates are preparing for either banking or the SSC exams and they are finding challenging to manage the tips and tricks. As the syllabus of SSC exams is a little bit advanced as compared to that of banking.
First of all, let’s know about the exam pattern of SSC CGL 2017
SSC CGL exam consist of 2 stages:
- TIER 1 (Computer Based Test)
- TIER 2 (Computer Based Test)
- Descriptive exam (Pen & Paper mode)
Here, our focus is to discuss the TIER 1 Exam pattern and important tricks.
The exam scheme of SSC CGL TIER 1
|S no.||Subjects||Marks||Questions||Time Duration|
|1||General Awareness||50||25||60 Minutes|
|2||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||25|
Some Points to Remember:
- The SSC CGL TIER 1 Exam will be held CBT (Computer Based Test) i.e. online mode.
- Paper will be Objective type (Multiple Type Questions).
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for attempting every wrong answer.
- There will be no sectional cut off, overall cut off will be out for the exam.
- For the disabled candidates, 20 minutes more will be assigned. It means for the handicapped candidates, total time duration will be 80 minutes.
- The exam will be in both Hindi and English version.
- Don’t forget to carry one Id proof and recent passport size photograph along with the admit card.
- Don’t carry any unwanted material in the examination hall.
Some Useful Time Management Tips to Qualify the CGL Tier 1 Exam in 3 Months are:
- Quantitative Aptitude
It’s a most logical section of the exam pattern. Candidates with good technical and good mathematics tricks can solve the questions in less time span.
- Learn all the table till 30.
- Try to increase your speed by giving online test regularly and try to find the shortcut method to solve your questions.
- Attempt to practice those topics first that are common in the syllabus of TIER 1 and TIER 2.
Some topics like Time and Distance, Percentage, Data Interpretation, Profit And Loss, Mensuration, Trigonometry etc. are less time-consuming. If you have good cramming power, try to learn the formulas and revise them at regular intervals. Questions related to these topics will save your time and they are directly based on the formulas.
- Learn short tricks from the You-Tube.
- Don’t leave any topic of your syllabus. Spend at least 2 hours in a day to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude.
- Practice previous year questions. They will guide you in knowing the framing of questions.
- English Language
It’s little time confusing subject because students have to face so many innovative words. The comprehension question takes more time as compared to other questions.
- Spend at least 2 hours for this subject as well.
- Read the newspaper of English daily for 1 hour, as you will able to find the latest words, it will help in improving your vocabulary.
- Find new words and try to learn their antonyms and synonyms on daily basis.
- Make notes of new words and revise them frequently.
- Try to solve those questions first that will take less time.
- Don’t waste your time on the questions that you find problematic.
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
In this portion, your mental test will be judged and it’s a non-numerical portion. You don’t have to remember the formulas or use any technical Skills. To solve reasoning questions, candidates must know the logic of the particular topic.
- Learn the basics of every topic and practice the new question for the same topic.
- Try to learn the new tricks.
- Some topics like work arrangement, Direction, Non-Verbal, Venn diagram etc. they take very less time to solve if you practised them in a serious manner.
- Try to give 2 hours daily for this section.
- Do group study with your friends to learn new shortcuts.
- Take some tips from your tutors and professionals as well.
- This section totally depends on the understanding not on cramming.
- General Awareness
This section takes hardly 10 minutes because we don’t have to use pen and paper to solve any questions. It’s non- solving section and it saves your time which you can contribute on the questions that are little bit tricky or time-consuming.
- Spend at least 2 hours to study this section.
- Focus more on the last 3 months current GK and candidates can cover syllabus according to their strength as in this sections questions are to ask from History, Geography, Polity, Economy, Current Affairs.
Important note: Give 8 hours daily in your studies if you seriously want to qualify the SSC CGL exam. Focus your mind in one direction.
If you need some more information related to How to Prepare For SSC CGL 2017, refer to the official web portal.